1. Diagnosis - pyelonephritis
2. Indications for exercise:
Physical exercises for kidney diseases help to improve blood circulation in the abdominal cavity, which has a positive effect on the condition of the kidneys. As a rule, moderate exercise leads to an increase in urine output, while high-intensity exercise leads to a marked decrease in urine output. Under the influence of muscular work, the excretory function of the kidneys increases, and the regulation of the acid-base balance improves.
3. Contraindications for physical exercises:
In case of kidney diseases, the vast majority of the sports complex is occupied by exercises for the muscles of the upper body, lumbar, sacral and coccygeal regions, and the abdomen. Big demands are placed on the pace of exercise and the use of weights. As for the pace, it should be calm and measured. Any increased muscle tension is excluded. Only such training will increase blood flow in the peritoneum, strengthen the muscles of the diaphragm and the press without impairing the functioning of the excretory organs. In therapeutic gymnastics, great importance is attached to the training of abdominal breathing. Proper breathing, coupled with physical activity, enhances the function of the adrenal glands, which produce hormones with anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the inflammatory response in the kidneys.
4. A set of exercises:
1) Mahi with bent legs. The exercise is performed lying on your back. In this case, the body remains in its original position. The legs are bent at the knees, they are turned in one direction or the other. Perform 10-12 repetitions, on each side, the exercise is done slowly.
2) Lifting the pelvis. It is worth lying on the rug, you can put a roller under the lumbar region. Then, leaning on the elbows and back, lift the pelvis up, do a few repetitions. When performing the exercise, the legs are bent at the knees.
3) Stretching the legs. The person lies on his side, presses his legs as close as possible to his chest, then stretches his legs as much as possible, and then returns them to their original position. Do 15 repetitions for each leg.
4) Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, feet parallel to each other.
While inhaling, slowly raise your arms to the sides at shoulder level. The palms of your hands are facing down, and keep your fingers together.
As you exhale, slowly lean to the left until your right arm is vertically above your head. You should bend over without bending your knees.
After exhalation, you need to turn your head up to the right and look at the palm of your right hand for a few seconds, holding your breath.
After that, take a shallow breath and slowly return to the starting position.
Repeat the exercise 2 times in each direction.
5) From the starting position lying on your back. Raise your right hand up and at the same time bend your left leg, sliding your feet along the surface of the bed - inhale. Return to starting position - exhale. Then do the same for the left arm and right leg.
6) Starting position lying, arms lie freely along the body. The right leg is straight, the left is bent at the knee, the knee goes to the side. The foot of the right straight leg is stretched over itself, the leg itself stretches away from itself.
We inhale, on the exhale we begin a soft stretch. The right leg is further extended away from itself, the left knee stretches to the shoulder. We hold tension. relax. Inhale again, with exhalation, we again smoothly stretch, even more stretching the right leg away from us, and the left knee to the shoulder.
You will feel tension in your lower back. All movements are soft and smooth. Do it several times. Then change legs. You can do several approaches over time.
7) Performed in the supine position. The right leg is straight, the left is bent, we grab the knee with our hands and pull it towards us. The foot of the right foot towards you. We inhale and as we exhale we pull the knee towards us even more, gently.
Inhale again, with an exhalation, we tighten the knee a little more. And so, with the help of exhalations, we pull the knee tightly to the body, pull it forward. The right leg pushes away from itself, but not much. Fixed the extreme position. Slowly lower your leg to the floor and straighten it.
8) Sit on a pouf, bend your legs alternately and bring them to your chest. It is recommended to do 5 times for each leg.
9) In pyelonephritis, it is useful to perform rotation of the hips. To do this, lean against the wall. It is necessary to ensure that the shoulders remain motionless.
10) Lie on your stomach, rest your palms on the floor. Raise your straight leg parallel to your body. Lock the position for 3-5 seconds. The exercise must be repeated, alternately changing legs.
5. Breathing exercise:
Stand up straight, place your feet straight. Tighten your calf muscles, thighs and buttocks, keep your back straight.
In this position, inhale slowly for 10 seconds.
Then place your hands on the kidney area, hold your breath and begin to press your hands on each kidney, while bending back as far as possible.
Kidney disease is often accompanied by edema. Gentle drainage of the lymphatic system can be helpful to reduce swelling.
Stroke the affected area with repeated movements in the direction of the heart.
If there are swelling on the legs, then first you need to massage the thighs (from the bottom up), after which you can go to the calves. To improve blood circulation, it is recommended to lubricate the legs with oil.
If possible, try to raise your legs up, this will improve lymph flow.